Page 4 of 4
Make sure you have purchased either:
Open JAM! on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device
A test site named "Joomla Admin Mobile Demo Site" will appear in the Sites List (On Android, the Site List is accessed by pressing the globe button in the top toolbar). This site will allow you to test the JAM application without the need to install the component on a Joomla! site.
To add a new site, press the + sign in the top right corner (On Android, use the menu to add a new site). You will need the following info:
- Site Name: This is a unique name that will show up in the site list in your JAM app.
- Host: Enter your website address. Be sure to include the www. if you need it when accessing your site from a browser. Do not include http or any slashes.
- Username: Enter the username of an account that is allows to use the JAM plugin. You can configure the access level required by editing the component options/permissions. By default, a user must be a Super Administrator.
- Password: Enter that password for the account.
If you are using htaccess/htpasswd to protect your directory or if your Joomla! installation is in a subdirectory, you will need to make changes to the advanced site settings:
- HTAccess: Set this to ON only if you use htaccess and htpasswd to password protect your site.
- Secure: Set this to ON if you need to access your site using https:// rather than http:// in a browser.
- HTAccess Username: This username will be sent as the htaccess username.
- HTAccess Password: This password will be sent as the htaccess password.
- Path: This is the path to the Joomla Admin Mobile component on your site. If your site is in the root, it will be
If your Joomla! site is in a subdirectory, you will need to include that here. For example, if your site is in the directory myjoomlasite, you would use
The latest version of the component will tell you the host and path you should be using if you access it from a browser. For instance, this is the link to the component on the demo site:
That's it! Have fun!
If you have any issue or questions, contact us on our support forum.